Thursday, October 25, 2007

Meet Beard-o

Better late than never! I wish I had had the time to blog on Tuesday, as it was a pretty fun day and now I don't know if I'm going to remember everything. Such is life.

It started out really slowly. Father Grim hasn't been out for the last couple weeks, and this was no exception. For the first half of the first shift, there were only four protesters! It was strange. A new guy was out, though, so that was interesting. He may have been a priest, actually, but sometimes it's hard to tell. He is an earnest looking fellow with a beard, and he had a big wooden cross around his neck, a rosary, and (best of all) a little plastic fetus. AWESOME! At one point he was on his knees on the sidewalk, praying the rosary. It's fun to have new people because they are so eager.

Crazy Legs didn't even come out until after all the patients were in - I saw her outside on my way out, in her fetching grey coat. Poor dear missed all the fun.

What could be going on, I wonder? Where are Father Grim, the Anger Twins, Sad Suzie (who hasn't been around for months), and all the other characters we know and love? I know that October is a big month for pro-lifers so maybe they're all busy planning something special. Or perhaps they are travelling; today, after all, marks the start of the 2007 National Pro-Life Conference in Moncton. Anyway, I sure hope they're all back in full force next week, to combat the extra evil of Hallowe'en.

Oh yeah, we need a nickname for the new guy, because I've just been calling him Beard-o. Any ideas?

So the clinic is across the street from a parking garage, which is where we usually encourage patients to park. When you come out of the clinic, the parking garage entrance is on the left, but unfortunately the street is one-way, to the right. So you have to go around the block to get to the parking garage. Well, we had TWO people on Tuesday go the wrong way on the one-way street to get to the parking garage. Always unnerving, but luckily they made it. Still, I wish people would learn to listen to directions.

We had a gorgeous sky on Tuesday morning. Check it out:

No comments: